- Please read about the SCA Great Achievement Award here prior to completing this nomination form. Be sure that the nominee fulfills the requirements of the award.
- Nominations must either come from a member of the SCA Board of Directors or be endorsed by the same. If you are not a member of the SCA Board of Directors, it is up to you to contact one in your area and seek their endorsement.
- Nominations should be filed electronically by copying this form to a Word document, completing the application in the Word document and submitting the completed application as an attachment to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “SCA Great Achievement Award Nomination for name of nominee.
- Nominations may be made any time during the year but will be considered for recommendation by the SCA Awards & Recognition Committee at its early spring and early autumn meetings. Therefore, deadlines for consideration in the next cycle are generally February 1 and August 1. Check with the SCA office for specific due-dates this year. Awards are publically bestowed at SCA Meetings held every spring and autumn.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Supporting materials (brochures, photographs, etc.) may be attached in digital format to the nomination email but are not required. The size of such files may not exceed 100 KB.
- Additional inquiries concerning the SCA Awards & Recognition Program should be directed to SCA’s Executive Director at: email@example.com or by calling 612-871-0593.
II. NOMINATION FORM
A. NOMINATING INDIVIDUAL:
City, State, Postal Code:
Are you making this nomination on behalf of an organization (yes or no)?
If yes, complete B below; if no, proceed to C below.
B. NOMINATING ORGANIZATION:
City, State, Postal Code:
Is this a charitable or fraternal organization as defined by the US IRS Code or Canada Revenue ? ___ Yes ___ No
Is this group or organization a current Affiliate Member of SCA? ___ Yes ___ No
Indicate in which years this group has been a member of SCA:
___ 2016 ___ 2015 ___ 2014 ___ 2013 ___ 2012
City, State Postal:
Has this person been informed that s/he is being nominated (yes or no)?
D. NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION
In your own words, why should this individual be recognized with a Swedish Council of America Great Achievement Award? Be as specific and concise as you can, giving as much information as appropriate and list the nominee’s lifetime of accomplishments of promoting knowledge and appreciation of Swedish heritage and culture in North American life and/or how this person has strengthened contemporary cultural and educational ties between North America and Sweden. One or two pages will suffice. This must be public information and will be posted on SCA’s website and used in SCA publications.
E. SUPPORTING MATERIALS
(Up to three pieces of digitized supporting materials may be attached to the application email. Images, scans, and PDFs are acceptable but please do not send audio files. Max 100 KB per file.)