- Please read about the SCA Award of Merit here prior to completing this nomination form.
- Nominations must be filed electronically by copying this form to a Word document, completing the application in the Word document and submitting the completed application as Word document attached to an email sent email@example.com. The subject line should read “SCA Award of Merit Nomination from (name of your organization). Please do not reformat the document or convert it to a PDF. Hard-copy applications will not be accepted.
- Nominations may be made any time during the year but will be considered for recommendation by the SCA Awards & Recognition Committee at its early spring and early autumn meetings. Therefore, deadlines for consideration in the next cycle are generally February 1 and August 1. Check with the SCA office for specific due-dates this year. Awards are publically bestowed at SCA Meetings held every spring and autumn.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Supporting materials (brochures, photographs, etc.) may be attached in digital format to the application email but are not required. Please do not send attachments greater than 1MB. You may consolidate all your documents and attachments into a compressed file (aka ZIP file) and send that, if easier.
- Additional inquiries concerning the SCA Awards & Recognition Program should be directed to SCA’s Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 612-871-0593.
II. NOMINATION FORM
A. NOMINATING ORGANIZATION:
City, State, Postal Code:
Is this a charitable or fraternal organization as defined by the US IRS Code or Canada Revenue? ___ Yes ___ No
Is this group or organization a current SCA Affiliate Member? ___ Yes ___ No
If No, see C. below.
I certify that I am authorized to submit this nomination by the board of directors, executive committee or other responsible body within the group or organization making this nomination.
Title within the nominating organization:
Your initials on this line constitute a binding signature:
C. ENDORSEMENT (current SCA Affiliate Members may skip this section):
All applications must either come from an organization that is a current Affiliate Member of SCA or be endorsed by a current Affiliate Member of SCA. It is the responsibility of non-member organizations to contact a local SCA Affiliate Member and seek their endorsement. For a complete list of current SCA Affiliate Members and their contact information, see the SCA website.
Endorsing SCA Affiliate Member:
Affiliate Member’s Representative:
I certify that the leadership of the endorsing SCA Affiliate Member organization named above has reviewed this nomination for an SCA Award of Merit and I am authorized to endorse this application on the Affiliate Member’s behalf.
Your initials constitute a binding signature:
City, State Postal:
Has this person been informed that s/he is being nominated (yes or no)?
E. NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION
In your own words, why should this individual be recognized with a Swedish Council of America Award of Merit? Be as specific and concise as you can, giving as much information as appropriate and list the nominee’s accomplishments and associations. This information will be posted on SCA’s website and used in SCA publications.
F. SUPPORTING MATERIALS
(Up to three pieces of digitized supporting materials may be attached to the application email. Images, scans, and PDFs are acceptable but please do not send audio files. Max 100 KB per file.)