SCA Affiliate Members – Uniting Swedish organizations across three nations!
Throughout the United States, Canada and Sweden there are hundreds of colleges, museums, consulates, chambers of commerce, lodges and fraternal organizations, historical societies, women’s groups, language schools, arts organizations, cultural societies, trade organizations, business groups, churches, music, theater and dance companies, and many other organizations—all dedicated in one way or another to preserving and promoting Swedish heritage culture across North America and building stronger ties between Sweden, the United States and Canada.
The majority of these organizations are also proud Affiliate Members of Swedish Council of America.
SCA Affiliate Members receive many benefits, all designed to aid our member organizations as they promote Swedishness within their communities! Benefits include the following. Click on the title of each benefit to learn more.
- GRANTS: Only SCA Affiliate Members have access to SCA grants, either by applying themselves or by sponsoring a local organization’s application. Isn’t there a local project preserving Swedish heritage or promoting understanding of Swedish culture that would benefit from an SCA Grant?
- AWARDS OF MERIT: Only SCA Affiliate Members may nominate hardworking volunteers in their community to receive SCA Awards of Merit. SCA Awards are presented every spring and autumn.
- PROCLAMATIONS: Only SCA Affiliate Member organizations are eligible to mark historic milestones in their group’s history with national recognition via SCA Proclamations.
- LISTING: Every SCA Affiliate Member is included in the SCA website’s index of organizations within the Swedish-North American community. This is a useful tool in connecting with potential new members and with those in your community interested in all things Swedish.
- HERITAGE: Knowledge that your organization’s SCA Affiliate Membership helps preserve Swedish heritage in North America and maintain strong ties with contemporary Sweden by supporting the work of Swedish Council of America.
- REPRESENTATION: Every SCA Affiliate Member is entitled to send a non-voting delegate to Swedish Council of America’s semi-annual board meetings. SCA highly encourages you to let your voice be heard! Meetings are held every spring and autumn in centers of Swedish cultural activity.
- ENDOWMENT: SCA Affiliate Member organizations may domicile their endowment as a specific designated fund within SCA’s overall endowment. This generally allows for reduced administrative efforts and lower management fees for the affiliate. Some restrictions apply.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: For as little as $500, every SCA Affiliate Member has the opportunity to co-sponsor an SCA Scholarship. SCA annually grants scholarships to exceptional young scholars in Science, Humanities and Swedish Language. The more co-sponsors that participate, the more scholarships will be made. Your group can have a huge impact on a young person’s life! Be generous today!
Remember that it is only with the support of the community we serve that SCA can give financial support to other organizations in our community; disseminate information through social and traditional media; provide scholarships to youth interested in all things Swedish; and build community among the many Swedish-American organizations with which we collaborate. Join SCA today!
Note: All SCA Affiliate Memberships are on a calendar basis.